Reverse Sear Bavette or Tri-Tip
Cooked Low and Slow, then finished Hot and Fast!
- Meat Thermometer
- Aluminium Foil
- Beef Bavette or Tri Tip Cut
- BBQ Dry Rub
- Preheat your pit to a temperature of 230f / 110c.
- Rub with your favourite BBQ dry rub 30 mins prior to cooking.
- Place meat on an indirect heat in the BBQ pit until the internal temp of the meat reaches 128f / 53c.
- Once this temp is achieved place onto a plate and cover with foil for 5 - 7 mins to rest.
- While the meat rests, crank up your BBQ pit to maximum temperature ready to sear.
- Sear for 45 secs - 1 min on each side over maximum heat to add some colour.
We use Grill Grates and sear at a grill temperature of 660f / 350c.