Dorito Crumbed Chicken Wings
Impress your mates with this delicious combination of chicken and Doritos!
- Meat Thermometer
- Kettle Kone
- Food Processor
- 1 kg Chicken Wings
- 2 x 170g bags Doritos
- 4 tbsp Your Favourite BBQ Seasoning
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- Air dry the wings in the fridge for at least 4 hours, leave overnight if you can.
- Mix up Doritos and seasoning in a food processor to create small bread like crumbs.
- Crack Eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Put plain flour in a bowl with Doritos crumbs and give it a good stir to combine.
- Cover all wings in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip wings in egg wash, completely cover, lift out and let excess egg drip off.
- Place into Doritos mix and coat wings pressing firmly to make crumb mixture adhere to wings.
- Put wings in the fridge until BBQ is at temperature.
- Set up the Kettle Kone for an indirect cook.
- Cook at a high heat (350f / 175c) for approximately 40mins or until the internal temp of the wings reaches 165f /74c.
- We suggest using Apple, Guava or Peach timber smoking chunks.
- This recipe can be easily adapted for cooking in a gas BBQ or conventional oven.