Drew's Flank Steak Jerky
DIY beef jerky with this simple and delicious recipe. Note - this recipe has some heat, which you can adjust to suit your taste.
- Smoker (set up for very low temp cooking)
- 800 grams Flank Steak
- 6 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 6 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tbsp Honey (or brown sugar as a substitute)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Crushed Ginger
- 1 tsp Smokey Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1.5 tsp Aussie Pepper (kibble)
- Cut the Flank steak across the grain into approximately 3mm slices.
- Mix all the ingredients together and dissolve in a large bowl.
- Put the steak pieces into the bowl and mix very well.
- Cover with gladwrap and leave in the fridge to marinate for 6 to 12 hours.
- Fire up your smoker to 70 degrees (C) and run a smoke of your choice.
- Place strips from marinate straight from the bowl onto the smoker racks. Space apart for maximum smoke.
- Smoke for approximately 6 hours, or to your desired texture.
Refrigerate jerky once it's done. It's good for up to 7 days in the fridge (covered)... if it lasts that long!