Reverse Sear Rump Cap
Cooked low and slow, then finished hot and fast!
- Meat Thermometer
- Aluminium Foil
- Rump cap
- BBQ Dry Rub
- Set your pit to approximately 230f / 110c.
- Rub with your favourite BBQ rub approximately 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Place meat on an indirect heat and cook until it hits an internal temperature of 128f / 53c.
- Remove from the pit and place on a plate. Cover with foil and let it rest for 5-7 minutes.
- While the meat rests, crank up your BBQ to a maximum temperature ready to sear.
- Cut your rump cap into thick slices and sear for 30-45 seconds on each side over maximum heat to add some colour and cook to your liking.
We use Grill Grates and sear at a grill temperature of 660f / 350c.