Reverse Sear Tomahawk Steak
A Tomahawk steak is a tender cut of rib meat, known as a Rib Eye Steak. The steak has not been removed from the rib bone, which makes it look so much more impressive!
- Meat Thermometer
- Aluminium Foil
- Tomahawk Steak
- BBQ Rub
- Preheat your pit to a temperature of 230f / 110c.
- Rub the Tomahawk with your favourite BBQ rub 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Place the Tomahawk on indirect heat until it reaches an internal temperature of 128f / 53c.
- Take the steak off the heat, cover with aluminium foil and rest for 5-7 minutes.
- While the meat rests, crank your BBQ to maximum temperature ready to sear.
- Sear for 45 seconds - 1 minute each side over maximum heat to add some colour.
We use Grill Grates and sear at a grill temperature of approximately 660f / 350c. We recommend cooking to Medium Rare, but you can adjust your cook times depending on how you enjoy your steaks.